Restoration of belfry, Lochwinnoch Auld Kirk

M328 Restoration of belfry, Lochwinnoch Auld Kirk

Address: Johnshill, Lochwinnoch PA12 4AQ
Date: 1913–14
Authorship: Authorship category 4 (Office) (Office)

Colour photograph of Lochwinnoch Auld Kirk

Only one bay of this church survives, dated 1729. The square, open-sided bellcote on top of the gable was restored by Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh in 1913–14.

Authorship: This is one of over 270 jobs carried out in the office of John Honeyman & Keppie (Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh from 1901) during Mackintosh's time there. Mackintosh undoubtedly worked on many of these, but there is no specific evidence for his involvement in this case.

Alternative names: Auld Simon, Old Simon, St John's Church, St Winnoc's Church, St Winnock's Church.

Cost from office job book: £65 11s 8d

Status: Standing building

Current use: Historic monument

Listing category: B

Historic Scotland/HB Number: 12622

RCAHMS Site Number: NS35NE 3

Grid Reference: NS 35595 59122

GPS coordinates: lat = 55.797333, lng = -4.624207   (Map)